$10 is probably about the average cost of a build in sound cards in the average
computer and they work just fine. I've run into more issues with the higher end
build in cards and having to disable all the crazy DSP options. I had one
install that upon receiving MT63 it would only get about the first 30
characters and you'd see the waterfall signature rapidly dim.

It wound up that there was a noise reduction setting I had to uncheck by
accessing the sound card icon in control panel. The card thought MT63 was
unwanted noise and just decided to automatically lower the level until it heard
no more!

-Dave, KB3FXI