I wouldn't mind that at all IF they made the radio a nice SIMPLE almost non-
menu driven radio that I could afford in a couple of years (say five years?)

I understand that the manufacturers are thinking smaller is better, but I do
hate having to dig through a menu on a radio to change a setting that could
easily have been left on the front panel as a button or knob. I do prefer the
older (15+ years old) radios that had all the knobs and buttons on the front
to control everything.

Whatever happened to the interfaces that were built into the radios for the
older methods of interfacing for RTTY? If they could do that back then, how
hard would it really be to include a soundcard interface now? Skip is showing
that it doesn't have to take up that much real estate on the back of a newer
modern radio.

BTW - I use one of the original Digipan interfaces that were built back when
PSK was introduced. Thats what I am basing my comment of KISS on.

James W8ISS
=====