I Contacted W1XT a few minutes ago and it chops of the the last two characters
of his exchange. Has anyone see this on JT8?

Warren  / K5WGM

--- On Sun, 6/20/10, Rudy Benner <ben...@vianet.ca> wrote:

From: Rudy Benner <ben...@vianet.ca>
Subject: Re: [digitalradio] Re: QRV new JT8 "mode"
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Date: Sunday, June 20, 2010, 8:16 AM

I see more action on JT8 this morning.

From: obrienaj
Sent: Sunday, June 20, 2010 6:44 AM
To: digitalradio@ yahoogroups. com

Subject: [digitalradio] Re: QRV new JT8 "mode"

I will be on 14076.25 with JT8 most of today

TOL = 400

Andy
K3UK

--- In digitalradio@ yahoogroups. com,
Andy obrien <k3uka...@...> wrote:

> I will be QRV over night
using JT8 mode. I will xmit when in shack
> and "listen only" while
sleeping. 7076 USB

> Andy K3UK
>

> 4.
Alternative Modes for EME, Microwaves, and QRP at HF

> JT8 is
proposed as a possible alternative to JT4. Modulation is 8-FSK
> at 2.857
baud. FEC uses convolutional codes with K=14, r=1/4, K=15,
> r=1/6, or
K=16, r=1/8, depending on message length. Synchronization
> uses 8�8
Costas arrays at the beginning and end of a transmission,
> followed by
two additional symbols to distinguish between 30-bit,
> 48-bit, and 78-bit
messages. Total bandwidth is 23 Hz. At present,
> only the 78-bit messages
have been implemented.

Checked by AVG -
www.avg.com