We had some very serious interference with a Pittsburgh repeater that was a
result of Cable TV leaks. Comcast made a valiant effort and actually found some
of the problem spots but it came back. I think it was CSPAN 2 audio, if I
recall correctly. In any case, we wound up having to switch pairs.

I heard of one fellow with a similar problem but the cable company refused to
try to solve the problem. So he reversed the pair (what goes out can also go
in). Suddonly, I suppose, the cable company was getting picture and audio
complaints from their customers and SHAZAM... magically, the leaks were quickly
repaired.

You can have situations where nearby signals mix and cause interference on the
input, too. It was amazing to me that the noise problems we had got right past
the CTCSS.

-Dave, KB3FXI