Hey,

I wrote a few days ago to the links-mailing-list, but didn't get any
response so far.
However I would really like to see links2 running on top of directfb -
so I hope maybe somebody here might see what's the problem.

I'm trying to get links2 running on top of DirectFB.
DirectFB in general is working (gtk2-applications work), however running
links returns the following error:

# links -g -driver directfb
[..]
Could not initialize graphics driver directfb:
Unsupported color depth.

I added some printf's around the code-snippet in directfb.c which is
printing this error-message:

===
  pixelformat = config.pixelformat;

  directfb_driver.depth = (((DFB_BYTES_PER_PIXEL (pixelformat) & 0x7)) |
                           ((DFB_BITS_PER_PIXEL  (pixelformat) & 0x1F)
<< 3));

  printf("pixmap: %x\n", pixelformat);

  /* endian test */
  if (htons (0x1234) == 0x1234) {
    printf("endian test: true\n");
  } else {
    directfb_driver.depth |= 0x100;
    printf("endian test: false\n");
  }

  printf("color depth: %i\n", directfb_driver.depth);

  switch (directfb_driver.depth) {
        case 33:
        case 65:
        case 122:
        case 130:
        case 378:
        case 386:
        case 451:
        case 195:
        case 452:
        case 196:
        case 708:
                break;
        default:
                layer->Release(layer);
                dfb->Release(dfb);
                return stracpy("Unsupported color depth.\n");
  }
===

The output is now the following:

# links -g -driver directfb
[..]
pixmap: 400c03
endian test: false
color depth: 260
Could not initialize graphics driver directfb:
Unsupported color depth.

versions:
links: 2.1pre37
libdirectfb: 1.4.2

directfb_driver.depth has a value which is not within the
switch-statement - but why not?
What's "color depth" exactly? Is it fixed? Is it hardware specific?
And the general question - how to get working? :)

Thanks a lot in advance!

mirko