I think I have found the problem with loading otf font files.

In file interfaces/idirectfbfont_ft2.c and function Probe(),
FT_New_Face() is called with face_index as (-)ve [-1], changing the face_index value to 0 (the 1st face has index 0) allows the otf file to be loaded.
(Probe() is called by CreateFont function)

I want to know if this be the problem? If yes, whether my solution is going to work safely without impacting any functionality related to fonts??

-- Sourath