Hello,

I have a window manager which uses SawMan and a simple directFB
application which is then managed by the window manager. I am able to
send window and input events from my window manager to the application
but I want to send a different type of event as a way of sending a
message to my application from the window manager. From looking at the
directFB 1.2 api, it appears as though the DFBUserEvent has been
provided to allow the creation of custom events. So far, I have been
able to send and receive a DFBUserEvent within the simple directFB
application itself using the following:

        DFBEvent user_event;
        user_event.clazz = DFEC_USER;
        events.PostEvent(user_event);

Where events is my IDirectFBEventBuffer which has been attached to my
application's window.

I now want to be able to send the DFBUserEvent from my window manager to
my application. Window events and Input events can already be sent from
the window manager to the application and from looking at how the code
works within the DirectFB libraries, it seems as though an interface has
been provided to make the process of sending events between processes
more straightforward by abstracting away from the Fusion layer. I'm
particularly talking about such methods as dfb_window_post_event and
dfb_window_dispatch for example. However, it doesn't seem as though the
equivalent has been provided when using DFBUserEvents.

Am I right in assuming that if we wanted to send a DFBUserEvent from the
window manager to the window we would need to implement our own
interface which hooks into the Fusion layer in a similar way to the
existing window and input event mechanisms or have I completely missed a
really simple way of doing it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Gemma

http://www.bbc.co.uk/
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on
it and notify the sender immediately.