On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 3:30 PM, Michael Ossmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ...An educated lawyer is going to be able to provide insights
> into how a particular license or contract affects his or her client,
> even after a single reading, that a layman would not notice...

The complaint is aimed at a general tendency of the lawyers I've actually
dealt with, repeatedly, in connection with dual-licensing issues involving
code of my own already under GPL. That's around 3/4 dozen attorneys. Of that
group, only one was candid enough to admit up-front to ignorance concerning
the GPL. The remainder basically engaged in elaborate handwaving. (Full
disclosure: some of them were on the *other* side of the negotiation, and
not doing their clients any favors.)

The problem isn't not knowing, the problem is dissembling about not knowing.
The point is, caveat emptor.

Frank

--
Travelling by airplane in the US is nothing more than mass training of
Americans to the requirements of the coming police state. The whole point is