I recently purchased a USRP and have a fresh install of WUBI (HP Pavillion DV5
, Windows Home Vista) and used gnuradio.org/redmine/wiki/gnuradio/UbuntuInstall
to install things.

I passed 'make check' correctly

I have my username in the group usrp

j...@ubuntu:~/gnuradio$ ls -lR /dev/bus/usb | grep usrp
crw-rw---- 1 root usrp 189, 132 2010-09-21 11:14 005

when I execute ./usrp_benchmark_usb.py I get:

Testing 2MB/sec... gr_vmcircbuf_createfilemapping: createfilemapping is not
available
/home/john/.gnuradio/prefs/gr_vmcircbuf_default_factory: Permission denied
uUuOuUuOuUuOuUuOuUuOuUuOuUuOuUuOuUuOuUuOuUuOuOuUuOuUuOuUuOuUuOuUuOuUuOuU^Z

and it hangs so I kill it

[1]+  Stopped                 ./usrp_benchmark_usb.py

I cannot repeat this operation as I get

Testing 2MB/sec... usrp_open_interface:usb_set_alt_interface: failed
could not set alt intf 0/0: Connection timed out
open_nth_cmd_interface: open_cmd_interface failed
usrp: failed to load firmware /usr/share/usrp/rev4/std.ihx.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./usrp_benchmark_usb.py", line 106, in <module>
    main ()

unless I move the USRP to a new USB port in which case I get the first symptom
again

I have seen similar posts elsewhere re: issues with USB ports, Python  and
VirtualBox

so my question is has anyone been able to run GNURADIO on WUBI?

Kind Regards,

        Slainte,

                  John