On 11/16/2010 07:16 PM, Michael Civ wrote:
Hello All,

I began coding my own waterfall for a program using the Python specgram function, but noticed that gnuradio has some python files with "waterfall" in the title. I cannot figure out what exactly I need to do to include a gnuradio waterfall gui block in my program. Yes, I am a gnuub.

It seems like I need to have "from gnuradio.wxgui import waterfallsink_gl" or something similar. What function or object should I use in my python program?

Any help or comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

There's a "Waterfall Sink" object. Available through GRC (gnuradio-companion), and presumably instantiated in plain Python as well.

I tend not to use plain Python these days, since GRC does most of what one needs, and one can write ancillary Python/C++ code to handle the things it doesn't contemplate. But if you're clever using GRC, you can do just about anything with it, I've found.