I don't know if this is kosher, but has anyone looked at the (vast array of) offerings from Comblocks (comblock.com <http://comblock.com>)? They sell FPGA IP cores for all of their hardware, and it seems like it might be a good match for building a basic I/Q acquisition system. Here's a full product list: http://comblock.com/product_list.html <http://comblock.com/product_list.html>The block diagram at the bottom of this page gives an idea of how things could work: http://comblock.com/com8002.html
<http://comblock.com/com8002.html>-William

The hardware looks somewhat pricey--roughly $1000.00 for a receiver+sampler+network "stack".

But since this is supposed to be an open-source project, I don't think licensing FPGA IP is the correct direction, either.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator