I think that many RF and wireless designers make a lot of assumptions as
well and never admit to the horror of the mobile channel.   LTE is not
really realizing the needed increase in capacity to justify the rollout cost
of all of the needed infrastructure in my opinion but now everyone is "all
in".  I am sure Sprint and others are happy LTE and WiMax are both having
lots of problems.

It is truly exceedingly difficult to enable MIMO big gains when lots of
mobile channels, each a horror, need to be managed to achieve any real
advantages.  Welcome to reality!  Verizon can't put a cloud computer at
every cell site to enable the rapid channel inverse caclulations and MIMO
solution per user to optimize the system.

;-)

Bob