I have simple 16QAM Modulator block and am plotting the constellation with and
without the a polyphase clock block . The constellation directly out of the
modulator is not 16 "points" or even blobs but "random" looking points. I put
it into a QAM Demod block and it demodulates it correctly. The constellation
plot of the polyphase clock block shows  16 distinct "points" but when
demodulated is quite noisy.
Can anyone explain:
1) Why is the output of the QAM Modulator block not show as 16 points?
2) Why would the "corrected" QAM Modulation not give better demodulation output?

I have attached the ConstellationQuestion.grc file.
Thanks...Tom