Dear List,

I'm new to stream tags. Could someone help me to understand about stream
tags and know how to use it?

1. In GNU Radio Manual: "A stream tags is generated by a block's work
function and from there on flows the downstream...*until it reaches a sink*
...".
If we use tags to tell the USRP Sink to start/stop the TX chain, do we need
to modify the USRP Sink block?
I found that gr_uhd_usrp_sink.cc file contains the get_tags_in_range()
function. However, this file is not, at first, in the GNU Radio 3.7.0
source folder. How to add this to project and make it work with USRP Sink?

2. I am implementing a model of ofdm-based two-way relaying network apply
network coding. Up to now, each single transmission in one time slot are
done, but the model runs without any timing synchronization. For this, I
need to use TDMA, and stream tags is the solution. I list here the steps to
make TDMA with stream tags. Could you leave some comments if I miss some
thing?
+ Add tags to stream; using provided block such as PDU to Tagged Stream, or
custom block.
+ Write a block for error checking, repeat request...

Sorry if my questions are silly.

Thanks,
Hoang

--
*Hoang Ngo-Khac*
Vietnam National University, Hanoi (VNU-H)