From: discuss-gnuradio-bounces+sean.nowlan=gtri.gatech....@gnu.org
[mailto:discuss-gnuradio-bounces+sean.nowlan=gtri.gatech....@gnu.org] On Behalf
Of Activecat
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2014 5:59 AM
To: discuss-gnuradio@gnu.org
Cc: sreena p h
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] testing block written in block

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 4:57 PM, sreena p h
<sreena...@yahoo.in<mailto:sreena...@yahoo.in>> wrote:
Hi

I'm new to GNU radio and is trying to develop my own block. I want to develop a
block that intake a vector and out put sum of the vector elements. I used the
out of tree module and followed tutorial using python code. How should be the
arguments of blocks.vector_source_f to be given if i am inputting vector stream
of four integers is used. the python code and test file is given below.

Does your intake vectors have fixed-length or variable length?

If they are variable length, then your sream_ff block won't be very useful in
graphical GRC flowgraph, because there the vector streams are usually
fixed-length.
If they are fixed-length, then your problem could be easily solved; just create
sream_ff as a decimator block.

If you’d rather use stock GR blocks or you would like a flowgraph with
identical functionality, you can hook up a Vector to Stream block (with
num_items=vector_length) to an Integrate block (with decimation=vector_length).

…
vector_length = 10
self.vec2stream = blocks.vector_to_stream(gr.sizeof_gr_complex, vector_length)
self.integrate = blocks.integrate_cc(vector_length)
self.connect((self.vec2stream, 0), (self.integrate, 0))
…

Sean