Jesse,

I'm working now on the rest of the windows binaries now so AVX2 won't be a
prerequisite fairly soon.  If a 3rd party package is pure python, then it
*shouldn't* be a problem to use it in windows.  If it's a C-based package,
then it will likely be possible, but may require additional work.  Just
depends how UNIX-dependent the code is.

Geof
www.gcndevelopment.com

On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 11:39 PM, Jesse Reich <jrre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Neel,
> Thank you much for that link. I've also tried to build on Windows using
> mingw, cygwin and probably a few others to no avail. Will have to give that
> binary a try tonight assuming I have an AVX2 which I think I do if I have
> an i7 processor.
>
> Does anyone know if you will be limited in using other modules that people
> have developed if you go with a windows install?
>
> Jesse
> On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 3:28 PM, Neel Pandeya <neel.pand...@ettus.com>
> wrote:
>
> The only resource that I'm aware of is:
> http://www.gcndevelopment.com/gnuradio/
>
> --Neel
>

> On 15 February 2016 at 12:23, Richard Bell <richard.be...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Rowan,
>>
>> Getting GNU Radio working on Windows is not elementary, as there is very
>> little support for this. I have tried it myself in the past with no
>> success. It is certainly possible, as people do it, but these people get it
>> working with very little support beyond their own knowledge.
>>
>> The easiest way to use GNU Radio on a Windows machine, is to use the GNU
>> Radio Live Images to boot from either a DVD or Thumb drive (i.e. bypass
>> Windows), which gives you Linux and a full GNU Radio install with very
>> little work on your end and doesn't disrupt your Windows install.
>>
>> If you really need GNU Radio in a Windows environment, you'll have to
>> hope someone more knowledgeable responds, but it is certainly not
>> elementary.
>>
>> Rich
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 11:22 AM, Rowan Sylvester-Bradley <
>> ro...@sylvesterbradley.org> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm sorry, this is no doubt a very elementary question. I am completely
>>> new to GNU Radio, and know little about Unix or many of the tools involved.
>>> I have tried to follow the instructions on the page
>>> http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/MingwInstallMain.
>>> While installing Boost, when I try to execute the command ./bootstrap.sh
>>> --with-toolset=mingw I get the errors:
>>>
>>> ###
>>>
>>> ### Using 'mingw' toolset.
>>>
>>> ###
>>>
>>> rm -rf bootstrap
>>>
>>> mkdir bootstrap
>>>
>>> gcc -DNT -o bootstrap/jam0 command.c compile.c debug.c expand.c glob.c
>>> hash.c hdrmacro.c headers.c jam.c jambase.c jamgram.c lists.c make.c
>>> make1.c newstr.c option.c output.c parse.c pathunix.c pathvms.c regexp.c
>>> rules.c scan.c search.c subst.c timestamp.c variable.c modules.c strings.c
>>> filesys.c builtins.c pwd.c class.c native.c md5.c w32_getreg.c
>>> modules/set.c modules/path.c modules/regex.c modules/property-set.c