I'd encourage you to either fix the Bit Error Rate block or write
something that does your job. In fact, the unmodified ofdm_loopback
example doesn't work as BER test, because all packets are identical, and
if a packet has errors, the OFDM receiver will drop it, so you'd never
see an error.

Open rx_ofdm.grc ; it is a very similar example, but instead of having
the black box "OFDM Receiver", you see how the OFDM receiver internally
works.
Play with the channel model; e.g. set the noise voltage really high
(1.0) and the frequency offset to e.g. 2.0/fft_len. You'll see a lot of

INFO: Detected and invalid packet at item ....

printed.
Now, change these parameters.
Your ratio of valid packets and invalid packets gives you a packet error
rate.

Best regards,
Marcus