Hi Monika,

that is a very ubiquitous chipset, and it works well – if I remember
correctly, it can't do interrupt coalescing, though, so your CPU might
take quite a hit at high rates. Still, you should see Overflows before
your system drops packets.
Have you tried to enlarge the RX buffers as mentioned on our transport
manual page?

Another thing to try: disabling firewalling on the USRP interface. I
don't recommend this regularly, because I don't like to meddle with
people's security mechanisms, but if you are careful, there's no danger
in trying:

<disconnect all but the USRP, in order not to expose an un-firewalled
system to a network>
sudo iptables-save > backup
sudo iptables -F ## This flushes all tables, i.e. all packets are passed
through unfiltered.
<do your testing>
sudo iptables-restore < backup ## old settings

Best regards,
Marcus