Just an update.

I found the Pybomb source cod got updated to try it one more time
All step went through without error except the installation.
I got bellow error after running last command to install the Gnu radio:

PyBombs.Packager.pip - ERROR - Command '['pip', 'list']' returned non-zero
exit status 2PyBombs.Packager.pip - ERROR - Could not run pip list.
Hm.PyBombs.Packager.pip - DEBUG - Loading pip install cache.

my Pymobmbs version is 2.0.1
pip 1.5.4 from /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (python 2.7)

Ununtu 14.04.4-desktop-

look forward for an update.
If anyone got it to work recently I would appreciate your feedback.

On Sat, Apr 23, 2016 at 4:50 PM, Shahnaz Shirazi <shshi...@eng.ucsd.edu>
wrote:

> [...]
> I get below error after installing pybombs
>

>     Installing pybombs script to /usr/local/bin
>  * Could not find .egg-info directory in install record for
> PyBOMBS==2.0.1 from git+https://github.com/gnuradio/pybombs.git
> <https://github.com/gnuradio/pybombs.git> in
> /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages*
> Successfully installed setuptools requests PyBOMBS
> Cleaning up...
>
> after trying to use any pybomb command I'm getting an error.
> here is after trying to make a prefix:
>
> shahnaz@ubuntu:~$ pybombs prefix init /home/shahnaz/lab -a mylab
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/bin/pybombs", line 9, in <module>
>     load_entry_point('PyBOMBS==2.0.1', 'console_scripts', 'pybombs')()
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pybombs/main.py", line 30,
> in main
>     return dispatch() or 0
>   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pybombs/commands/base.py",
> line 141, in dispatch
>     return get_cmd_dict(cmd_list)[args.command](cmd=args.command,
> args=args).run()
>   File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pybombs/commands/prefix.py", line
> 102, in run
>     return self.prefix_cmd_name_list[self.args.prefix_command]['run'](self)
>   File
> "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pybombs/commands/prefix.py", line
> 150, in _run_init
>     if op.exists(op.join(path, self.prefix.prefix_conf_dir)):
>
> *AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'prefix_conf_dir'*
>
> I've deleted and reinstalled my virtual machine multiple times to make
> sure it's new and nothing broken before running the cod.
>
> Thanks,
> Shahnaz
>

> On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 8:53 AM, West, Nathan <n...@ostatemail.okstate.edu
> > wrote:
>
>> This was a bug that's been fixed recently.
>> https://github.com/gnuradio/pybombs/commit/38ed9d169ed67ef090e6015b07c4918f7c112209

>>> I ran it, but it thinks that -v is a recipe and it errors out there.  If
>>> instead I run $ pybombs -v [-p myprefix] -v install gnuradio gr-osmosdr, i
>>> get:
>>> <snip>
>>> PyBombs.Packager.source - DEBUG - Configuring recipe uhd
>>> PyBombs.Packager.source - DEBUG - Using vars - {'config_opt': '',
>>> 'builddir': '/home/jmat/gnuradio/src/uhd/build'}
>>> PyBombs.Packager.source - DEBUG - In cwd -
>>> /home/jmat/gnuradio/src/uhd/build
>>> PyBombs._process_thread() - DEBUG - Executing command `CC= CXX= cmake ..
>>> -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo
>>> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/jmat/gnuradio  -Wno-dev'
>>> CMake Error: The source directory "/home/jmat/gnuradio/src/uhd" does not
>>> appear to contain CMakeLists.txt.
>>> Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.
>>> PyBombs.monitor_process() - DEBUG - Thread signaled termination or
>>> returned
>>> PyBombs.monitor_process() - DEBUG - Return value: 1