On 09/21/2016 10:12 PM, U L wrote:
> I am trying to get pybombs to support installing to a python virtualenv
> on openSUSE which uses the zypper packager.  OS packages are rpms but
> the naming is a little different so I've had to update a number of recipes.

Thanks, that's pretty cool! I think we need come up with a better way of
identifying satisfier rules, though.

> I've also found that the pip packager always uses elevated privileges.
> This should prob. be chosen based on the ownership of the pip executable
> vs the user executing pybombs.  This would prevent a sudo pip call in a
> user virtualenv.

PyBOMBS and virtualenv is currently not working well, that's a known
issue. We still need to come up with a clean solution for that.

> The biggest sticking point I have so far is that the zypper packager I
> defined based on the yum version.  Things seem to be somewhat working
> (checking version numbers and so forth) but the install does not get
> past a check for wget (??!!!).  I checked out pybombs very recently.
> Some system info.

I think Andrej's email will help you here.

Cheers,
Martin