I'm struggling with something pretty basic.  I am trying to achieve near
theoretical performance detection of a rectangular (no RRC) QPSK signal at
2 or 4 sps.  I have an existing  solution that uses a discrete FIR filter
followed by a Gardner timing recovery loop.  The taps of the FIR filter are
a box car function.  It works quite well and implementation loss is
negligible.

However, I'd like to achieve the same thing using the stock PFB clock
sync.  For the life of me I can't figure out the proper specification of
nfilts, and taps.

Given a signal with rectangular pulse shape at 'sps', can someone spell out
the taps and nfilt i need to enter into PFB clock sync for a properly
matched filter bank?

-John