Hi all,

Maybe this is a basic question but I've been searching for the solution for
a long time. Thanks in advance for helping me. Here is my situation:

I'm using one laptop connection method to connect two USRP 2920 with MIMO
cable. When I plug Ethernet cable into my laptop, no LED light of the
Ethernet port on USRP is on.

Methods I tried:

   - removed and connected the ethernet cable again for several times --
   didn't work
   - removed and connected the power supply cables for several times --
   didn't work
   - used command "uhd_find_devices" in Terminal to check the hardware
   connection, turned out "No UHD Devices Found"
   - tried command "ifconfig" in Terminal but it didn't show the ethernet
   - tried couple of ethernet configuration commands in Terminal -- didn't

Previous work I did:

   - Successfully burned N210 firmware and FPGA images into both USRPs
   - Connected to another laptop with Ubuntu 12.04 OS, it can successfully
   recognize the USRPs; however, I have to use my laptop to finish the project.
   - Used Ethernet cable to connect to my network, it worked
   - Tried another laptop with Ubuntu Kylin 16.04 32-bit and had same

My question is: is it an USRP problem or my OS ethernet setting up problem?
if it is my OS problem, how to solve it?

My system info:

   - Using latest GNU Radio (I think, because I followed the installation
   step by using "apt-get install gnuradio")
   - UHD version: 3.010 (followed "package manager method" from:
   https://files.ettus.com/manual/page_install.html )
   - OS: Ubuntu 16.04 64-bit
   - Two USRP 2920s connected by MIMO cable

Thanks and regards,