Maybe this is a basic question but I've been searching for the solution for
a long time. Thanks in advance for helping me. Here is my situation:
I'm using one laptop connection method to connect two USRP 2920 with MIMO
cable. When I plug Ethernet cable into my laptop, no LED light of the
Ethernet port on USRP is on.
Methods I tried:
- removed and connected the ethernet cable again for several times --
- removed and connected the power supply cables for several times --
- used command "uhd_find_devices" in Terminal to check the hardware
connection, turned out "No UHD Devices Found"
- tried command "ifconfig" in Terminal but it didn't show the ethernet
- tried couple of ethernet configuration commands in Terminal -- didn't
Previous work I did:
- Successfully burned N210 firmware and FPGA images into both USRPs
- Connected to another laptop with Ubuntu 12.04 OS, it can successfully
recognize the USRPs; however, I have to use my laptop to finish the project.
- Used Ethernet cable to connect to my network, it worked
- Tried another laptop with Ubuntu Kylin 16.04 32-bit and had same
My question is: is it an USRP problem or my OS ethernet setting up problem?
if it is my OS problem, how to solve it?
My system info:
- Using latest GNU Radio (I think, because I followed the installation
step by using "apt-get install gnuradio")
- UHD version: 3.010 (followed "package manager method" from:
- OS: Ubuntu 16.04 64-bit
- Two USRP 2920s connected by MIMO cable
Thanks and regards,
Discuss-gnuradio mailing list