Hi

On 11/29/2016 07:37 PM, sumitstop wrote:
I have my custom build 802.11g transmitter connected to gr-ieee 802.11
receiver. Receiver decodes my data correctly and wireshark connector shows
that it is receiving valid packets with all the fields. gr-ieee 802.11 dumps
the decoded data in .pcap format and I see them by piping to wireshark and
reading the tail.

However when I tried to capture the packets in my laptop's wlan card,
wireshark does not show anything ?

Very unusual that gr-iee802-11 works and the WiFi card doesn't :-)

I think you should make sure to
- tune to the correct frequency/channel
- put the card in promisc mode
- put the card in monitor mode
- check that it supports 11g
- make sure that the network manager doesn't interfere

Best,
Bastian