Hello Meelis,

My understanding is that the offset is the index of the sample within GNU
Radio which the tag is attached to. Since dropped samples never enter GNU
Radio the behavior is correct. The rx_time is one of the few tags where
this behavior is potentially confusing since the rx_time is a concept based
entirely outside of the host computer. It is possible to calculate the
number of dropped samples using the rx_time tags and the total number of
samples correctly received between the tags, as long as the rx_time tags
are correct.

What version of UHD are you running? What USRP are you connected to? Are
you setting or changing the sample rate after starting the flowgraph? Would
you be able to try using the latest UHD maint code?
https://github.com/EttusResearch/uhd/tree/maint

Thanks,
Derek