... I went to the build directory generated by the build-gnuradio script and uninstalled using "make uninstall". I then used apt-get uninstall gnuradio to remove the package installed with apt-get. As a final step I reinstalled with apt-get install. Unfortunately gnuradio-companion is now not starting at all anymore throwing a memory access error.

Best regards,

Ruedi