Dear Ruediger:

It could be somewhat tedious, but could you try this?

1. remove GNU Radio installations again (using apt).
2. type in "whereis gnuradio" -> if you found any remaining GNU Radio
files, remove them.
3. type in "whereis gnuradio-companion" ->  if you found any remaining GNU
Radio files, remove them.
4. Search paths in PATH, PYTHONPATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, C_INCLUDE_PATH,
CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH and make sure that no GNU Radio libraries are still
surviving (Or maybe you can use search the whole drive instead).
5. reboot.
6. re-install GNU Radio.
7. Try running gnuradio-companion. Give an another reboot if it still does
not work.

Regards,
Kyeong Su Shin