I found in the docs that general_work only supports outputting the same
number of samples to each output port (
https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/blob/master/gnuradio-runtime/include/gnuradio/block.h#L47-L49)
but the produce method seems to tell otherwise (
https://github.com/gnuradio/gnuradio/blob/master/gnuradio-runtime/include/gnuradio/block.h#L241-L248)
and even has its own return flag for general_work.  So, question is: can
general_work output different numbers of samples to each output port by use
of the produce() function and returning -2 in general_work?