Hi,

thanks for quick reply!

I was aware of range resolution equation, apparently I didn't specify
project enough and wasn't really paying attention while reading some
articles :/.

Goal of my project would be to measure breathing/heartbeat rate of a human
using FMCW radar in GNU radio. I just realized that I do not need to
measure the distance of some object (human chest in my case), but only the
phase variation, which would be much more precise for breathing monitoring
than technique used in gr-radar, with some other limitations.

I believe that beam antennas would help me, so I will try to use them also,
once I understand theory and get it working in implementation.

Article and webpage that helped me to understand such monitoring:
Smart Homes that Monitor Breathing and Heart Rate -
http://witrack.csail.mit.edu/vitalradio/content/vitalradio-paper.pdf
http://hforsten.com/heartbeat-detection-with-radar.html

If such implementation for monitoring phase variation already exists in GNU
radio, please point me in right direction :)

Regards,
Tilen