Dear Priyanka,

According to https://www.rtl-sdr.com/about-rtl-sdr/ :

The maximum sample rate is 3.2 MS/s (mega samples per second). However, the
RTL-SDR is unstable at this rate and may drop samples. The maximum sample
rate that does not drop samples is 2.4 MS/s, however some people have had
luck with 2.8MS/s and 3.2 MS/s working well on some USB 3.0 ports.

Thus, something between 2.0 and 2.4 MS/s would work for you.

Maybe this paper could be of your interest, although it is a little bit
outdated:
http://www.cttc.es/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Turning_TV_into_GNSS_Rx1.pdf

Hope this helps,
Carles