Hello Priyanka,

As mentioned in the previous e-mails, you are not dealing with the IF stage at
all. Yes, the tuners of the RTL-SDR dongles may have some IF stages, but that
is an internal thing and the data you are getting is in baseband. That
intermediate frequency means nothing to the operator (you) and should not be
included in the calculation (except some very special cases).

Also, as mentioned by Carles Fernandez, you cannot achieve 38.192MS/s with an
RTL-SDR dongle - or with any USB 2.0 based SDR receivers/transceivers. That is
just too much data for USB 2.0. The minimum requirement for a such sampling
rate is USB 3.0, PCI-e, or 10GBit/s Ethernet.

I do not deal with GPS signals, so I do not understand where you got that
sampling rate, but if you need that sampling rate, you are simply out of luck.
You need to get a better SDR (USRP B200 or LimeSDR alternatives, for minimum).
Alternatively, you can look for things that you can do without using a such
high sampling rate. (Maybe there are some GPS signals that you can cover with
bandwidth smaller than 2.6MHz - which can be done with a RTL-SDR. Again, I do
not deal with GPS signals so I do not know much about their signals.)

Finally, the sampling rate that you set on your software may not necessarily
match the sampling rate of the ADCs - the sampling rate that you set is the
effective sampling rate (=the incoming rate of the data from the SDR to the
PC), and the ADC may sample at a faster rate. The sampled data will be then
re-sampled to the sampling rate that you requested and then get passed to you.
This is a very common practice, and RTL-SDR dongles actually do this as well.
You usually do not have to worry about this, but you may have to consider that
if you are writing any reports about this.

Regards,

Kyeong Su Shin

________________________________
보낸 사람: PRIYANKA PRIYADARSHINI <priyankapriyadarshini...@gmail.com> 대신
Discuss-gnuradio <discuss-gnuradio-bounces+ksshin=postech.ac...@gnu.org>
보낸 날짜: 2018년 4월 9일 월요일 오후 10:14:31
받는 사람: Carles Fernandez
참조: Discuss-gnuradio@gnu.org
제목: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] samp_rate in GNU Radio

Hi,

Thank you for your response, I got your point. But I need to know this:

I want to receive a GPS L1 signal (1575.42MHz) and I studied that the local
oscillator of RTL-SDR has the intermediate frequency of 3.57MHz-4.57MHz. So
when the signal with this IF goes to ADC of SDR, I want my ADC to sample this
incoming signal at a sampling rate of 38.192MHz (as per the requirement). But
when I try to put this sample rate in RTL-SDR, it starts dropping samples. I
want to know that is there anything am I doing wrong OR it is the limitation of
my RTL-SDR.

Thank you.

On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 11:57 AM, Carles Fernandez