Hello to all,

i just did, what the stable version 3.0.4 from the repository:

https://www.gnuradio.org/releases/gnuradio/

And then i opened the package and red the "install"  text which said:

The simplest way to compile this package is:

  1. `cd' to the directory containing the package's source code and type
     `./configure' to configure the package for your system.  If you're
     using `csh' on an old version of System V, you might need to type
     `sh ./configure' instead to prevent `csh' from trying to execute
     `configure' itself.

     Running `configure' takes awhile.  While running, it prints some
     messages telling which features it is checking for.

  2. Type `make' to compile the package.

Thanks again,

Any idea of what the problem could be?

Kind regards.

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 11:10 PM, Marcus D. Leech <mle...@ripnet.com> wrote:

> On 06/11/2018 05:01 PM, Derek Kozel wrote:
>
>> Hello Luis,
>>
>> Mixing installing GNU Radio and UHD from source and a repository rarely
>> works without special care. I recommend uninstalling all your source
>> installations and only using the Ubuntu packages unless you have a reason
>> to use more recent versions.
>>
>> You installed UHD from source, if you do want to use the newer versions
>> then here is a link to instructions on installing UHD and GNU Radio from
>> source on Ubuntu.
>> https://kb.ettus.com/Building_and_Installing_the_USRP_Open-S
>> ource_Toolchain_(UHD_and_GNU_Radio)_on_Linux <
>> https://kb.ettus.com/Building_and_Installing_the_USRP_Open-
>> Source_Toolchain_%28UHD_and_GNU_Radio%29_on_Linux>
>>
>> You mention a ./configure step, that is not part of the regular build
>> process for GNU Radio, what instructions were you following?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Derek
>>
> Gnu Radio hasn't used the autotools (and thus required ./configure) in
> MANY YEARS.   Must be some very old instructions...

Eng. Luis Felipe Albarracin
PMP
CCNA/CCDA/CCNP/CCDP/CCIP
ITIL v3 Foundation
Msc. Telematics / MBA
"Die Grenzen meiner Sprache bedeuten die Grenzen meiner Welt"