Dear Community!

As of now, we got 29 outstanding¹ PRs on github, many of these being
months old. That's not how it should be!

As you might have read in my other recent mails, we're currently in the
process of "getting GNU Radio future-proof", which mainly means getting
the `next` branch (incorporating changes like enabling Python3 support
or Qt5) ready for getting into the `mastery` branch.

Does that mean development on `master` is on hiatus?

A clear "no". I'll get back to each one of the contributors with
outstanding PRs, and inform them why it's stuck. In most cases, it's
got nothing to do with the PR itself – and I shall catch upon things as
soon as possible!

A couple of things I won't do right now (please don't send in automated
spell checking PRs - these will only lead to merge conflicts that are
completely avoidable), but other than that: develop away!

Also, of course, the faster we get `next` into a working state that can
be merged into `master`, the more time everyone has to review each
other's PRs – so, if you've got some spare CPU cycles, or always wanted
to know how GRC looks if you've got curved connectors, then go ahead,
check out and build `next`, and report and/or fix your (maybe) first
GNU Radio bug.

So, happy hacking, and apologies for me being behind on the PR queue,

Marcus

¹outstanding meaning PRs which are all the following:
* not by me
* not blocked by licensing
* not marked as "Don't merge"