Interesting. Thanks for the response. I also have a bunch of message
passing going on. Do you think it could be dropped messages? I seem to
remember reading that PMT ports aren't back pressured like the streaming
ports. What happens when a queue fills up and the block can't catch up?

Anyway, what I would also like to know is a bit more explanation for the
last message in the thread I linked to in my first email. It seems like
this was a known problem with large data files and the absence of a
throttle block?