Hello Philipp,

However, I can say that the USRPs do not currently have a metadata flag for detecting ADC overloads. I believe that the ADC itself does not have overload detection. Adding such a flag would require adding HDL to the FPGA to check for max ADC values and setting a flag in a register upon detecting an overload. Your application could then read that register at intervals to check for overloads. With RFNoC that would be a small to moderate development effort for someone familiar with HDL development.

Regards,
Derek