Understood. Thanks!
So here is the actual output of cmake (in my previous email I also included
the file CMakeOutput.log in case it provides more info):

thanks again for all the help,
Achilleas

----------------------------------

anastas@raulubuntu:~/workarea-gnuradio/build_maint37$ cmake ../gnuradio/
-- Build type not specified: defaulting to release.
-- Build type set to Release.
-- Extracting version information from git describe...
CMake Deprecation Warning at CMakeLists.txt:73 (cmake_policy):
 The OLD behavior for policy CMP0026 will be removed from a future version
 of CMake.

 The cmake-policies(7) manual explains that the OLD behaviors of all
 policies are deprecated and that a policy should be set to OLD only under
 specific short-term circumstances.  Projects should be ported to the NEW
 behavior and not rely on setting a policy to OLD.

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:182 (include):
 include could not find load file:

   CMakeOverloads

-- Compiler Version: cc (Ubuntu 7.4.0-1ubuntu1~18.04.1) 7.4.0
-- Compiler Flags: /usr/bin/cc:::-O3 -DNDEBUG  -std=gnu99
-fvisibility=hidden -Wsign-compare -Wall
-Wno-uninitialized
/usr/bin/c++:::-O3 -DNDEBUG  -fvisibility=hidden -Wsign-compare -Wall
-Wno-uninitialized
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:265 (include):
 include could not find load file:

   GrPlatform

-- ADDING PERF COUNTERS
-- Building Static Libraries: OFF
CMake Error: File /home/anastas/workarea-gnuradio/gnuradio/cmake/
cmake_uninstall.cmake.in does not
exist.
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:337 (configure_file):
 configure_file Problem configuring file

-- Boost version: 1.65.1
-- Found the following Boost libraries:
--   date_time
--   program_options
--   filesystem
--   system
--   regex
--   thread
--   chrono
--   atomic
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:365 (include):
 include could not find load file:

   GrComponent

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:366 (GR_REGISTER_COMPONENT):
 Unknown CMake command "GR_REGISTER_COMPONENT".

See also
"/home/anastas/workarea-gnuradio/build_maint37/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also
"/home/anastas/workarea-gnuradio/build_maint37/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".