Hi Richard,
The following steps have been successful in building v3.7.13.5 in my 18.04
docker. Give this a shot.

-Mike

$ pip install pybombs
$ pybombs auto-config
$ pybombs recipes add-defaults
$ pybombs config --package gnuradio gitrev v3.7.13.5
$ pybombs config --package uhd gitrev v3.14.1.0
$ pybombs prefix init -a {MyAlias} {MyPrefixPath}
$ pybombs config --package uhd forcebuild true
$ pybombs install gnuradio37