Morning All,

I have a question after following the sample rate tutorial and its
implementation on the Guided Tutorial Hardware Considerations section on
the official site:
https://wiki.gnuradio.org/index.php/Guided_Tutorial_Hardware_Considerations

After the first portion of the lesson, one is asked to add new blocks shown
below.

   - 1x Rational Resampler
   - 1x WBFM Receiver
   - 1x Audio Sink
   - 2x Variable

For the *Variable:* samp_rate we are told to add the following:

   - *ID:* samp_rate
   - *Value:* 250e3

Now, I know the bandwidth of FM is 250 kHz. What I don't know is why we
were asked to make this our sample rate. Coincidence?
When I run the example (with a few changes for my hardware, and creating a
few more variables) I get a signal stream that seems out of sync.
The sound I hear is a constant drop or miss in signal about three times a
second. Think waa-waa-waa, each second, in between the radio playing.

I launched SDRSharp to compare output and noticed the sample rate is
default at 2.4M
I then changed this in my Variable samp_rate and low and behold, the stream
is steady.

I have two questions.

   1. Why was a sample rate of 250K chosen in the example?
   2. What is the goal of the multiplier?
      - In your (Barry Duggan's) example the multiplier helped to remove
      his static
      - In my file, setting this as a variable slider, and adjusting while
      playing, I see no difference to the sound

Below is my flowgraph, I also attached the .grc file.

[image: image.png]

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

--
Thanks,
James G Hayek