Hello Lannan,

As far as I could understand, you want to do the following operations:

(i) Generate bytes -> (ii) Modulate -> (iii) Transmit -> (iv) Receive ->
(v) Demodulate -> (vi) Recover bytes

and then you want to align the byte sequences from steps (i) and (vi).
Am I correct?
What hardware (model) are you using to transmit/receive?

I've been trying to solve a similar issue lately and I am convinced that my
signals are not aligned because of 3 main reasons: wave propagation time,
GNU Radio processing time (latency) and carrier frequency offset (CFO).
What I've been doing is: the two first issues are minimized by applying a
cross-correlation operator (not necessarily in GNU Radio; you can
post-process using another software if you want) to the transmitted and
received  base-band signals. The peak value allows you to find the lag
between them.
The third problem (CFO) comes from an unalignment between the transmitting
and receiving units (I use HackRF One) and can be solved with a mixer at
the receiver level tuned with the frequency offset value.

Best regards,
Artur