I already found out I had to remove all CC qa code.
This is a different issue. (python qa code).
I found a patch for this issue in anouther message (see my other email from e few minites ago).

I need to patch the installed gr_modtool add.py code from the gnuradio package.

Would be nice to fix the broken ubuntu package, but I don't know how to initiate that.

Best regards,

Martin

On 28-07-2020 16:52, Tom McDermott wrote:
 >Message: 3
 >Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 16:07:06 +0200
>From: Martin <gnuradiom...@olifantasia.com <mailto:gnuradiom...@olifantasia.com>>
 >To: discuss-gnuradio@gnu.org <mailto:discuss-gnuradio@gnu.org>
 >Subject: gr-modtool does not seem to work in gnuradio 3.8.1 package in
 >        ubuntu 20.04
 >
 >Hi,
 >I am trying to get my out of tree module to build and work on ubuntu
 >20.04 with the default gnuradio package gnuradio 3.8.1.0-rc1-2build2
 >

 >When I use gr_modtool to create an out of tree module with an empty
 >source block then cmake gives an error.
 >
 >CMake Error at lib/CMakeLists.txt:85:
 >   Parse error.  Expected a command name, got unquoted argument with text
 >   "${CMAKE_CURRENT_SOURCE_DIR}/qa_testsource.cc".

I've had the same problem.   gr_modtool is generating broken cmake for .cc qa tests. It was necessary to strip out all cc qa tests and files for an OOT project I ported to 3.8 to get it to build. By looking at the cmake code, it's not clear what it should have generated, someone skilled
in cmake would probably quickly know what was meant.

The .py qa generated cmake file is correct and builds fine, so the error is likely in
a small area.

-- Tom, N5EG