No, you're not right! The output spectrum is input spectrum, point-wise
multiplied with system spectrum (the bell shape). If your input was
white, you'd be multiplying your bell shape with a constant and would be
getting a bell shape.

Since your input isn't white, you're not doing that and not getting the
bell shape – this is really basic.

Best regards,

Marcus