Hi, So I am not sure exactly how to ask this, but I have a few questions
about tag best practices when creating OOT modules, apologies if this is
answered elsewhere...

What is the main source of performance issues with tag propagation: Is it
primarily copying overhead? Are there contention issues? or is most of the
overhead in the actual reading/setting of tags? I guess part of my question
is how are tags passed between blocks, I understand the ring buffers, but
tags are still somewhat a mystery to me.

Are tagged stream blocks better than just a stream with tags? From my
limited ability to parse tagged stream blocks seem to limit the number of
calls to get_tags_in_range, but they still pass on all other tags on the
input buffer to the output buffer regardless.

Thanks,
Nick