Hi Daren and Fabian,
Fabian: Daren is using cyclic transmission so starting from the moment when
the Pluto hardware buffer is full it repeats the samples over and over
again. I think that CPU load has nothing to do here since as I said,
samples are not being calculated in a real time manner.
Marcin

niedz., 5 cze 2022 o 11:14 Fabian Schwartau <fab...@opencode.eu> napisał(a):

> Hi Diren,
>
> I am not exactly sure what your problem is.
> What you should know: gnuradio does not inherently has any sample rate
> (unlike Simulink for example). Each block receives samples, processes
> them, and outputs the same number of samples as fast as it can (except
> if the block is interpolating/decimating - which is not the case for you
> LPF). Between the blocks are buffers, which buffer the samples until the
> next block will process it. The sample rate you set in most blocks is
> just to calculate stuff (like the filter response) based on other
> frequency settings (like your cut-off frequency). One exception here is
> for example your PlutoSDR Source/Sink - both will actually
> provide/require the sample rate you specify.
> So, as your LPF has an interpolation of 1, it does not interpolate and
> will output the same number of samples it receives. Your vector source
> will provide samples as fast as possible until some buffer is full and
> it will then keep it full.
> One problem might be that your CPU cannot keep up filtering the
> 61.44MSPS, which is quite a bit. Try increasing the transition width of
> the filter, which will reduce the filter order and thus the CPU load.
>
> Hope that helps,
> Fabian
>
> Am 04.06.22 um 23:09 schrieb DİREN ERDEM AYDIN via GNU Radio, the Free &
> Open-Source Toolkit for Software Radio:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I'm working with Adalm Pluto SDR, trying to transmit and receive a
> > custom burst signal given in the figure. To create the signal I'm using
> > a vector block that creates a pulse and then due to a low pass filter I
> > can extract the desired waveform. Flowgraph is also added.
> >
> > As far as I know, input/output sample rates of connected blocks should
> > be matched. However, I'm providing 10k fewer samples to LPF because of
> > the high sample rate of pluto, 61.44 M. When I tried to increase the
> > samples in the vector source to Mega ranges frequency response of the
> > signal drops drastically. I have also tried to use interpolation in
> > between vector block and LPF, but it doesn't work either.
> >
> > My question is the LPF block normalizes the input sample rate to 61.44
> > M? The whole system works OK but this thing stays unclear for me. Thank
> you.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Diren

  • Re: Vecto... Fabian Schwartau
    • Re: ... GNU Radio, the Free & Open-Source Toolkit for Software Radio
    • Re: ... DİREN ERDEM AYDIN
      • ... GNU Radio, the Free & Open-Source Toolkit for Software Radio
    • Re: ... Cinaed Simson