German,

thanks, it is working now.
So it is not I that choose an application, it is the application that
decides the file types it can open.
Is there a way to tell what extensions an editor is handling?

I suppose if nobody usus Gemas to edit txt files, it might not be the best
choice for it.
What is the editor I shlould use for txt-files?

Kind regards,

Edwin