On 01/30/2015 10:38 PM, Stefan Bidigaray wrote:
> I committed a hack to disable the broken check for GCD altogether until
> this can be sorted out.
>
> I forgot to reply to all on my other message that said:
>
> So I went hunting for what is happening and found a reference that says
> the configure script is broken
> (http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/CrossCompilingOsX#Building_gnustep-corebase).
>
> I haven't gone through this particular area in a long time (haven't
> build with libdispatch in over a year).
>
> It seems we only use GCD in CFRunLoop and it's not entirely clear to me
> what it's doing here (again, need Lubos' input).  For now, my suggestion
> is to pass --without-gcd.  CFStream should still work without GCD
> support, although I'm not sure how CFRunLoop will be impacted.

Hi,

CFRunLoop is supposed to be integrated with libdispatch because that's
how it is on OS X.

dispatch_get_main_queue_eventfd_np() is needed for working integration.
I've checked the package available in Ubuntu and it's either broken or
ancient, because this symbol is not present.

So I'd suggest removing your hack and using --without-gcd if your distro
has old/broken libdispatch.

--
Luboš Doležel