Breakage that I discovered during the GS meeting (Debian package build
system complaining about libobjc missing specification of dependencies) has
been fixed. I'll send an update when I am ready to upload new packages to a
PPA.

I could not squeeze cmake's cpack into submission to build the binary deb
package correctly (to produce the
.shlibs file), so I have given up on this, and packaging is done using
plain-old debianhelper-based system. As an added bonus, now this system
produces a Debian source package for libobjc2 as well!

I've also switched to git repo for libobjc2. Where I left things off,
gnustep-gui did not build correctly, but that's a matter of some more
tweaking.

Next up:
- replacing DEB_MAINTAINER with DEB_FULLNAME and DEB_EMAIL (if I recall the
variable names correctly) which is what dch tool for updating changelogs
uses
- docker system should let you use your own gpg key and specify
DEB_{MAINTAINER,FULLNAME,EMAOL}
- moving away from interdependant shellscripts into a set of dockerfiles
(making use of docker's caching) which will only depend on previous
container's DEB file outputs, and not on the rest of the filesystem contents

sent from phone

On Wed, Jul 8, 2015, 10:47 David Chisnall <thera...@sucs.org> wrote:

On 7 Jul 2015, at 17:53, Ivan Vučica <i...@vucica.net> wrote:

> - It's still using libobjc2 from GNUstep's Subversion repository, and not
the one in David's repository on Github

FYI: This is now moved back to the GNUstep organisation on GitHub[1] and
that’s where the FreeBSD port fetches it from (GitHub can produce tarballs
from unreleased revisions, so it’s nice and easy to package unreleased
code).  Please don’t use the one that’s under my user on GitHub.

We’ve been using it here and I’ve not had any other bug reports from
FreeBSD users, so I intend on pushing out a new release this weekend.

David

[1] https <https://github.com/gnustep/libobjc2>://
<https://github.com/gnustep/libobjc2>github.com
<https://github.com/gnustep/libobjc2>/ <https://github.com/gnustep/libobjc2>