Le 13/04/2018 à 15:49, Liam Proven a écrit :
On 13 April 2018 at 15:19, Mick Bert <micber...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello
I would like to install gnustep on an old Apple iBook with Lubuntu
14.04 PowerPC
16.04 also exists for PowerPC. I think you will have more luck with
the newer release.

The matter on ppc is that libobjc2 cannot be used with clang for now (see https://github.com/gnustep/libobjc2/issues/65)
I didn't try to build it with gcc.

So you should build gnustep with gcc, without libobjc2. It should run on any ppc distro (I use it on a daily basis on debian wheezy which is a older). Building should be straigthforward.

You'll have to clone git repos :
git clone git://github.com/gnustep/libs-make
git clone git://github.com/gnustep/libs-base
git clone git://github.com/gnustep/libs-gui
git clone git://github.com/gnustep/libs-back

Then build and install in that order :
1. Build and install gnustep-make without any objc2 related option at configure time
2. locate GNUstep.sh and source it
3. Run "make" in  base and install it with "sudo -E make install"
4. Do the same for gui and back

 gnustep-base, gnustep-gui, gnustep-back.

Hope this helps.
Bertrand