On 29/10/2018 14:59, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
It is based on an older mingw environment and I am having big difficulties upgrading it, still in the realm of remaining on mingw 32bit and gcc (no libobjc2)

For anyone interested in the libobjc2 status:

libobjc2 with the new ABI does not yet handle DLLs on Windows properly. Windows DLLs provide some cleaner abstractions than *NIX shared objects, but this means a global variable in one DLL cannot be initialised to point to globals in another. We have been working on some solutions to this, and I think it's now sensible, but we haven't yet upstreamed the changes to clang. Once this is done, we should be able to ship a libobjc.dll as a pure Windows DLL, useable by both WinObjC and GNUstep with either Cygwin or MinGW. The new ABI uses Windows-compatible exception handling, so it's safe to mix Visual Studio-compiled C++ code with Objective-C and throw exceptions between languages.

I hope to get this all done, tested, and upstreamed before the LLVM 8.0 release.

David