Richerd, Sergei,

it works now: I must admit I did not know that the User Domain was the
GNUstep directory in my home directory. And there was indeed a Gorm version
that had escaped my attention. My sincere apologies for keeping you busy
like that.

I wonder now if there is anybody using GUstep on FreeBSD that could help
with getting the ports up to date again? I don't know if my messing around
is good enough for that.

I have, installed from the local ports, in FreeBSD 14, build from the
GNUstep git-repository:
GNUstep tools-make 2_9_1
GNUstep libs-base 0_29_0
GNUstep libs-gui 0_30_0
GNUstep libs-back 0_30_0

As a test, I installed ProjectCenter and Gorm, and build the Convertor
Application in
https://gnustep.github.io/experience/PierresDevTutorial/index.html.

Kind regards,

*;

Op vr 16 feb 2024 om 12:22 schreef Richard Frith-Macdonald <
rich...@frithmacdonald.me.uk>:

> > On 16 Feb 2024, at 11:05, Sergei Golovin via Discussion list for the
> GNUstep programming environment <discuss-gnustep@gnu.org> wrote:
> >
> > By the way it is strange that Gorm was installed in the
> > SYSTEM_DOMAIN. My installation goes into
> > <...>/Local/Applications/Gorm.app (that is LOCAL_DOMAIN).
>
> If this is the official FreeBSD package, then it should go in the system
> domain;  that's what the system domain is for.
> Things you build for yourself typically get installed in the local domain
> (this is the default) ... unofficial but available to all users of the
> machine.
> Things intended for your personal account only, you should install to the
> user domain.
>
> Lookup to find software normally goes in the reverse order; so if you try
> to run Gorm,  your user's copy is preferred, but if there isn't one, the
> local copy is used, and if there isn't one of those, the system copy is
> used.
  • ... Edwin Ancaer
    • ... Sergei Golovin via Discussion list for the GNUstep programming environment
      • ... Edwin Ancaer
        • ... Sergei Golovin via Discussion list for the GNUstep programming environment
          • ... Richard Frith-Macdonald
            • ... Edwin Ancaer
    • ... Riccardo Mottola