Title: Message
Jamie,
When a *.co.uk domain is being transferred to another registrar, the current registrar 'gives up' the domain by changing the IPS tag (in the case of OpenSRS, the tag would be changed to TUCOWS-CA).  Do other registrars have the ability to do this for other domains?  I.e. could I request NSI to change the IPS tag for a domain and then have OpenSRS take it?

I think the answer is no, probably because I don't even know if domains other than *.co.uk even have an IPS tag.  What does IPS stand for anyway?  It's Pretty Sweet?
Only domains controlled by Nominet (*.uk) use IPS tags.  And AFAIK "IPS Tag" stands for "Internet Provider Security Tag", although I think that was defined pre-Nominet and it just stuck.

Other TLDs are governed by their respective registries, and will have different transfer methods.

Andy.