On 01/04/2012 04:23 PM, Daniel Feenberg wrote:

On Wed, 4 Jan 2012, Matthew Gillen wrote:

On 01/03/2012 05:03 PM, Tom Metro wrote:
Daniel Feenberg wrote:
The built-in Fedora encryption is no trouble to establish...

What tool do they use? Any other distributions that provide an
integrated solution?

Fedora allows you to do whole partition/volume encryption with the
installer very easily. The last time I tried Ubuntu (a couple years
ago), there was an option for "private" home directories. It would
create an encrypted volume for your home directory that was keyed to
your password. It would then get unlocked and mounted when you logged
in. Fedora does something closer to WDE.

Does this work with UEFI BIOS motherboards? Does anything?

It's sort of orthogonal to UEFI I think; the secure boot mode of UEFI really just controls launching of the bootloader. It doesn't encrypt/decrypt anything, it's just check-summing and then executing.

Am I wrong?

Matt